What you will be part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
As part of a team, your main focus will be on the design, development, documentation and testing of a wide range of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Involvement in all phases of R&D and product development from requirements gathering to initial and detailed design (both analogue and digital) for new products, systems and supporting assemblies
- Ensuring electronic/electrical hardware design and testing is adequately documented according to the appropriate standards
- Ensuring that products and services meet all customer needs as well as meeting company requirements in terms of schedule/cost and quality
- Safeguarding the integrity of the hardware engineering processes by following the defined processes and, where applicable, suggesting technical and process innovation and improvement
- Supporting the integration and on site testing of assigned components
Please contact Daniela Flamminio for a copy of the full position description.
Your experiences and skills
- Understanding of the lifecycles of small to medium sized electronic/electrical hardware defence projects and appreciation of associated processes and levels of responsibilities
- Understanding of Configuration Management and Quality requirements (as required by ISO 9001).
- Demonstrated competency in designing and developing electronic/electrical hardware systems (e.g. circuit board, computer systems, networks and other associated hardware)
- Demonstrated experience with design for manufacturing
- Formal tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electrical, Electronic Engineering)
Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application by 23 August 2018.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 09 August 2018 • 02:46