What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Training and Simulation division supports the United States Warfighter by developing, manufacturing, and supporting world-class training systems for the US Military, Foreign Military Sales, and Homeland Security in the Live, Virtual, and Constructive domains. Saab's product line contains the industry's highest performing training equipment while maintaining cost effectiveness, reliability and durability. Training and Simulation resides in Central Florida Research Park, a predominant hub of the nation's simulation and training industry. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is looking for an experienced, Electronics Maintenance Technician (ETM) III to join our professional team at Grafenwoehr Training Area (GTA), Germany, providing support to the Army Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations (TADSS) Maintenance Program (ATMP).
The Army TADSS Maintenance Program (ATMP) is a seven-year Single Award ID/IQ contract for maintenance, sustainment, operations and support of Army Training Aids, Devices, Simulators, an Simulations (TADSS), Live-Fire Ranges, and Instrumentation Systems. The ATMP portfolio includes ≈250,000 live, virtual, construction, and gamin TADSS located at 422 sites worldwide.
The ETM III supports DISE, Deployable Instrumentation System in Europe. DISE is comprised of Infantry training equipment, including communication infra structure and EXCON: Soldier, Building, and Vehicle instrumentation.
The ETM III position will perform all functions required to maintain and repair electronic TADSS and associated equipment.
- Provide turnkey Maintenance and Sustainment of all DISE equipment in accordance with performance guidelines including all Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services and required Corrective Maintenance actions including Troubleshooting and isolating faults with appropriate repair actions.
- Use spare/repair parts to repair faults IAW technical guidelines.
- Research and select repair parts needed.
- Enter work order data in the on-line management information system (MIS).
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved referencing manufacturer’s manuals or similar documents.
- Take test readings using common instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- May provide directions to, and check lower level technicians work.
- Used advanced Test Equipment specifically used with DISE.
- Assists with deployment to and recover from rotations.
- Support Site Lead as directed for DISE related tasks.
- Provide guidance to subordinate technicians.
- Achieve all required training activities in support of the program.
- Travel required >25% within the greater European Theater and in support of DISE
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in electronics or related technical field preferred, with 5-7 years of experience with electronics testing/troubleshooting.
- OR US Army or USMC experience, with Live Training force-on-force deployment experience
- United States Citizen
- TESA Certification required
- Ability to gain access to military installations
- Advanced computer skills / Microsoft Applications
- Prior lead experience preferred
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs, wear appropriate personal protective equipment, and perform duties in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wind and rain) and height (towers an phone poles)
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a valid driver license and Post driving privileges
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.