What you will be a part of
Saab Australia’s OneView™ Physical Security Information Management solution offers integration of a wide range of third party and customer preferred subsystems including CCTV access control, intercoms, perimeter detection, duress and intruder detection. Each solution is tailored to meet specific customer needs and provides effective insurance against evolving requirements and future technology changes.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
As an Engineering Assistant, you will be working with the Team Leaders to help deliver project specific work for the Civil Security group. To be successful in this role, you must be highly motivated, demonstrate critical thinking problem solving skills and have good attention to detail.
- Coordinating with the Team Leader on assigned tasks.
- Contributing to the project specific configuration in OneView
- Supporting the test and installation of equipment
- Performing software installations
- On delivery of equipment assist with receiving and move equipment to the server room area.
- Receipt, unpacking and inspection of incoming equipment
Please note that this role is for a fixed term contract for up to 6 months with potential extension.
Your skills and experience
- General IT knowledge and skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite especially Word and Excel.
- Current SA Driver’s License
- Ability to perform critical review by showing attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly with supervisors, team members, and all stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing priorities and new technologies.
Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application by 24 July 2019. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 10 July 2019 • 09:03