What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis seeks a dynamic, results oriented individual to fill the role of a System Integration and Test Engineer. As part of the FAA programs group within Saab Sensis, you will be working in a multi-faceted role as an Integration and Test Engineer.
The business encompasses various forms of detecting and tracking aircraft while in flight and on the surface of airports, such as radar, multilateration, and ADS-B. Saab Sensis specializes in the design and deployment of these embedded system solutions, the development of integrated surveillance systems, and the fusion of the information each creates. As a member of the team, you will support these products while focusing on programs with customers throughout the world.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities may include:
- Ensuring testability during development of product specifications
- Developing, documenting, and executing test approaches and procedures
- Conducting and supporting system integration in a lab environment
- Assisting in troubleshooting
- Generating and investigating problem reports
- Participating in technical reviews and status meetings
- Conducting engineering dry runs, formal testing, and regression testing
- Creating test scenarios using various simulators
- Performing data analysis, preparing test briefings, and writing test reports
- Working in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Identifying the interdependencies of products and programs and planning integration and test events accordingly
- Providing mentoring, technical guidance, and coaching for less-experienced engineers
- Contributing to the adoption of new design and development approaches to improve overall quality, reliability and speed of implementation
- Interacting with internal and external customers on technical and programmatic issues
At Saab Sensis you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on state-of'-the-art products that save lives. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers to ensure that products used for Air Traffic Surveillance meet their requirements and intended use. You will also work with world-class employees in an environment that fosters professional development, collaboration, and support at all levels.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in engineering discipline, Physics, or Mathematics.
- 2+ years’ work in a technical environment
- Comfortable in a test lab environment
- Experience with Microsoft tools and Microsoft Windows applications
- Ability to manage a dynamic workload in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with software and hardware test methodologies
- Knowledge of air traffic control products
- Experience with Python, Java, and/or C++
- Familiarity with SUN Solaris, Unix, and/or Linux
- Familiarity with MATLAB, DOORS, and JIRA
- Familiarity with operating electronic test gear such as oscilloscopes and waveform generators
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking and protocols
- Experience with software, hardware, and system integration activities
- Experience with automated test methodologies and regression testing
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Understanding of the use of configuration management, quality assurance, requirement management systems, and automatic testing tools
To be successful, you should:
- Learn quickly
- Handle responsibility well
- Be self-motivated, energetic, inquisitive, well-organized, flexible, and thorough
- Maintain high standards of quality and attention to detail
- Demonstrate clear, concise, and correct written and oral communication, including grammar, spelling, and composition
- Display well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate multitasking and time management skills
- Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, particularly with respect to influence and negotiation
- Interface respectfully with co-workers, customers, vendors, and subcontractors
- Understand the need for control, repeatability, and risk management and act accordingly and proactively
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be a U.S. Citizen in order to be considered for employment.