What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Are you naturally curious? Do inconsistencies jump out at you? Can you quickly find bugs and tactfully report them? Would you like to work with a similarly-minded group of dedicated, enthusiastic people with a reputation for integrity, excellence, and teamwork? If so, then this is the job for you!
The Saab Sensis Air Traffic Management Business Area has an opening for the role of Integration & Test Engineer in its Automation and Surveillance segment in East Syracuse, NY. Automation and Surveillance encompasses all forms of detecting and tracking aircraft while in flight and on the surface of airports, including radar, multilateration, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast. Saab Sensis specializes in the design and deployment of these solutions, the development of integrated surveillance systems, and the fusion and display of the information each creates. As a member of the team, you will support the integration and testing of these products for deployment to customers from Adelaide to Zurich. Note that this is NOT an aerospace or avionics engineering position. Work is mostly software-focused, though there may be tasks involving electronics and RF equipment.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities include:
- Discovering, investigating, and solving problems
- Developing, documenting, and executing test approaches and procedures
- Conducting hardware, software, and system integration
- Assisting in hardware and software troubleshooting
- Assembling lab environments
- Participating in technical reviews and status meetings
- Crafting test scenarios using various simulators
- Performing data analysis
- Creating, updating, and validating test tools
- Interacting with internal and external customers on technical and programmatic issues
At Saab Sensis you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on state-of'-the-art products that save lives. You will work closely with a cross-functional team to ensure that electronic products used for Air Traffic Surveillance meet their requirements and intended use. You will also work with world-class engineers in an environment that fosters professional development, collaboration and support at all levels.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited degree program, with a major in an engineering discipline, computer science. physics, or mathematics
- 0 to 3 years’ work in a technical environment
- Expertise with Microsoft Office and Windows applications
- Ability to manage a dynamic workload in a fast-paced environment
- Clear, concise, and correct written and oral communication, including grammar, spelling, and composition
- High standards of quality and attention to detail
Desired Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with software and hardware integration methodologies such as top-down and big-bang
- Familiarity with software and hardware test methodologies such as black box and exploratory
- Experience with operating electronic test gear such as oscilloscopes, power meters, and waveform generators
- Experience with MATLAB and/or LabVIEW
- Experience with Python, Java, and/or C++
- Familiarity with Unix, and/or Linux
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking and protocols
To be successful, you should:
- Be self-motivated, energetic, tenacious, well-organized, flexible, and thorough
- Have an analytical eye for noticing inconsistencies and an innovative passion for reconciling them
- Display creativity, ingenuity, reliable intuition, and well-developed problem-solving skills
- Ask many inquisitive questions and then listen to and learn from the answers
- Be able to generalize from examples
- Practice time management and prioritization skills
- Always consider context and stakeholders
- Naturally think logically and critically
- Read and follow directions and standard operating procedures
- Possess effective interpersonal and teamwork skills, particularly with respect to advocacy and negotiation
- Handle responsibility well and act on constructive feedback
- Understand the need for control, repeatability, and risk management and act accordingly and proactively
- Demonstrate moderated discipline, pragmatic perseverance, scientific curiosity, and measured skepticism
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.