What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a motivated entry level Integration and Test Engineer. Under the guidance of Senior Engineers, responsibilities will include the following, and continue to increase with experience and exposure:
- Execute software and/or hardware testing at various levels of the build process (e.g. unit, subsystem, and system)
- Support integration activities, troubleshooting and regression testing
- Participate in engineering dry runs and formal test events with customer participation
- Identify, generate and validate test tools as necessary
- Develop integration & test plans and procedures and supporting test scripts
- Write test reports documenting the results of formal test events
- Analyze requirements and develop verification strategies for those requirements
Your experiences and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline
- Co-op/ internship experience in the aerospace/defense industry is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with LabView, DOORs and Matlab is a plus
In addition, you must possess demonstrated problem solving/critical thinking skills. A premium will be placed on candidates who can demonstrate versatility in their academic and professional experience.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 October 2018 • 12:01