What you will be part of
Your work will have purpose and value. As part of Saab Air Traffic Management, an organization within the broader Traffic Management (TM) group, you will collaborate with others to serve air traffic management customers around the globe with advanced solutions and products that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods.
Saab Sensis is currently looking for energetic, creative, and talented Software Engineers at our corporate headquarters in Syracuse, New York who are looking to develop their career while making significant contributions to a safer society.
Your growth will be enhanced by collaborating with other top-notch software engineers where you will be provided opportunities to learn and contribute to the architecture, design, implementation, test and integration of mission critical software.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science
- Previous Co-Op or work experience in a relevant environment
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- C/C++ programming experience
- Strong LINUX environment skills including command line and scripting tools
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills preferably utilizing UML
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with software Design Patterns
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (e.g. Eclipse, NetBeans)
- Experience with unit test frameworks (e.g. Junit, GTest, JTest, cppTest, googletest)
- Experience with automated build systems (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, cmake)
- Aviation and Defense systems background\domain interest
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 02 January 2019 • 19:46