What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis is currently looking for energetic, creative, and talented Software Engineers at our corporate headquarters in Syracuse, New York who are looking to develop their career while making significant contributions to a safer society.
Saab Sensis Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of the Saab Group. Saab Sensis specializes in advanced sensor and safety technologies, next-generation radars, airport automation, simulation and modeling, navigation technologies, decision support tools, and concepts of operation. Saab Sensis serves a global client base including national and international governments and industries in air defense, air traffic management, and airline and airport operations management. Saab Sensis solutions are deployed in over 35 countries across 6 continents.
As a member of our growing software team, candidates will actively participate in the architecture, design, implementation, test and integration of mission critical and embedded software.
Your skills and experience
Qualifications: Education Required: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science
- C/C++ programming experience
- Strong LINUX environment skills including command line and scripting tools
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills preferably utilizing UML
- Proficient with scripting languages and LINUX command line tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with software Design Patterns
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (e.g. Eclipse, NetBeans)
- Experience with unit test frameworks (e.g. Junit, GTest, JTest, cppTest, googletest)
- Experience with automated build systems (e.g. Maven, Bamboo)
- Aviation and Defense systems background\domain interest
Security Clearance Not Required
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.