What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
At Saab Sensis, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on state-of-the-art products that save human lives, provide improved travel experiences, and improve the environment. You will work closely with other software, systems, network and test engineers to ensure that the Aerobahn product family helps to solve our customers’ problems. You will also work with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters professional development, collaboration and support at all levels.
As a member of the Saab Sensis Collaborative Decision Making & Efficiency (CDM&E) Team, you will be a member of a team responsible for the development and support of the Aerobahn Product Suite. You will work as a member of the CDM&E software engineering team to develop customer requested features as well as new product development and architectural updates to our existing products. The Aerobahn Product Suite is currently deployed to multiple domestic customer sites via a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model. Aerobahn also has turnkey systems fielded at multiple international sites.
Your skills and experience
- Experience working with Unix-based systems (Linux)
- Experience with HTML and other web/mobile development technologies
- Ability to systematically evaluate data
- Must be able to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Relational Database experience (SQL)
- Familiarity with Java application frameworks such as OSGi and Tomcat
- Familiarity with Java tools, such as Hibernate and JMS
- Familiarity with software version control systems (e.g. Subversion)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in computer science, software engineering or related discipline
- 2 or more years of related experience required
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.