What you will be part of
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
At Saab ATM you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on state-of'-the-art products that save lives. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers to ensure that products used for Air Traffic Surveillance meet their requirements and intended use. You will also work with world-class engineers in an environment that fosters professional development, collaboration, and support at all levels.
Do you love finding creative ways to solve problems? Do you enjoy creating new things? Do you enjoy figuring out how something works and then making it better?
Saab ATM has an opening for an Entry Systems Engineer in our Automation and Surveillance segment in East Syracuse, NY. Our team designs, develops and improves state-of-the-art products for Air Traffic Surveillance and Air Traffic Management systems. As an Associate Systems Engineer, you will:
- Apply and develop your product design engineering skills
- Analyze, integrate and troubleshoot complex electronic and software systems
- Define system and subsystem requirements
- Support customers and our own engineers with system deployments throughout the world
- Collaborate with and eventually lead multi-disciplinary teams
Our systems include everything from custom RF and digital electronics with embedded software and firmware to virtualized Linux server software to interactive controller working position displays, Our technologies include air traffic controller display systems, multilateration, surface movement radar, ADS-B, GNSS, target tracking, sensor fusion, embedded and server Linux environments, IP networking, etc.
Opportunities for international travel (up to 10%).
Saab ATM, provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, including Tuition Assistance, cafeteria and Fitness Facility.
Your skills and experience
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution. Electrical, software and system focuses are preferred. Advanced degrees will be considered. Your cover letter or resume must include a GPA for each degree earned.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Educational or industrial experience designing/debugging systems with software, firmware and/or electronics.
- A solid record of meeting technical and project objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for computer based technology.
- 0-5 years of post-baccalaureate experience and/or education.
- Linux, Bash, IP networking system skills
- Matlab, C and/or Java programming skills
- Requirements writing and management
- SysML or UML, use case driven design
- Safety-critical system development, especially DO-178/278 or ED-109A/153 or experience in another heavily regulated industry (e.g. medical equipment) is a plus
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.