What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
As part of the CDM and Efficiency group, you would be working alongside our Software Engineering Team as part of our Systems Engineering team. You will actively participate in the software development process for aviation data processing systems utilizing web-based technology on the Aerobahn platform provided to our customers via a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model. We are looking for Systems engineers with a concentration in data analysis and algorithm development.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities include:
- Perform system and data analysis and propose solutions to customer problems
- Conducting and supporting system integration in a laboratory environment and an operational environment
- Generating and investigating problem reports
- Develop system designs and algorithm designs using system analysis and modeling methodologies
- Generating detailed system/software requirements specifying what needs to be implemented
- Participating in technical reviews and status meetings
- Working in accordance with Saab Sensis standard operating procedures
- Working on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of various factors
- Interacting with internal or external customers on specific technical issues
- Generation of reports in support of customer requests
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in engineering discipline, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to organize and categorize information
- Ability to translate abstract ideas clearly and succinctly into the written word
- Ability to understand and converse intelligibly on detailed technical concepts
- Understanding of the fundamentals of statistical data analysis
- Comfortable in an integration environment
- Comfortable writing detailed explanations of data analysis and proposed designs
- Ability to manage a dynamic workload in a fast-paced environment
- Experience utilizing presentation skills to effectively communicate in a group environment
- 0- 3 years experience as a Systems Engineer with a focus on data analysis
- Familiarity with Linux, and real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking and protocols
- Familiarity with MATLAB, JIRA, Subversion
- Knowledge of air traffic control products
- Ability to write analysis software and/or scripts, particularly in Java, Java Script
- Familiarity with writing Microsoft Excel macros using Visual Basic
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio or similar general-purpose graphical design tools
- Experience understanding customer needs and determining how to meet them within technical and cost constraints
- Experience designing software algorithms
- Experience designing state machines
- Experience with software, hardware, and system integration activities
To be successful, you should:
- Be self-motivated, energetic, inquisitive, well-organized, flexible, and thorough
- Display well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Possess high standards of quality and attention to detail
- Demonstrate clear, concise, and correct written and oral communication, including grammar, spelling, and composition
- Demonstrate multitasking and time management skills
- Learn quickly
- Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, particularly with respect to influence and negotiation
- Interface respectfully with co-workers, customers, vendors, and subcontractors
- Understand the need for control and repeatability and act accordingly
- Understand and manage risk proactively
- Handle responsibility well
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 27 February 2018 • 21:31