What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Within the Air Traffic Management unit, the Automation & Surveillance (A&S) business segment develops civil aviation surveillance solutions and delivers these solutions around the world. Our cutting-edge technologies help make air travel safer and more efficient for air travelers across the globe.
Saab is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic entry-level Systems Engineer interested in designing, deploying, integrating, tuning, and commissioning these systems as part of our Automation and Surveillance team. This position offers opportunities to travel internationally, acquire a diverse range of practical engineering experience, and interact with customers around the world.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The technical background to learn the theory of operation, design, and optimization processes for cooperative and non-cooperative surveillance products.
- The ability to understand customer requirements and develop system-level architectures and integration & test strategies to ensure these requirements are satisfied.
- The ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers.
- An interest in international travel and the ability to work with technical counterparts from different countries and cultures around the world.
Saab Sensis Corporation provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
Your skills and experience
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, physics or computer science from an accredited institution or
- Relevant military education & training
- Computer programming in a high-level language such as Matlab, C/C++, Java etc.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus
- Familiarity with data networks is a plus
- Technical experience consistent with that of an entry-level engineer or early career technical professional (0-2 years experience)
Opportunity for international travel (up to 30%)
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, employment and education verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis, is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.