What you will be part of
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
Do you like to design new features, watch them become reality, then be able to integrate and test them and make sure they work as you intended? Would you like to work with a similarly-minded group of dedicated, enthusiastic employees with a reputation for integrity, quality, excellence, and teamwork? Then this is the job for you.
Saab ATM Corporation currently has a need for an Entry Level Systems/Integration and Test Engineer in our Syracuse, NY office.
The Collaborative Decision Making and Efficiency (CDM&E) business segment focuses on providing products and services designed to assist airlines and airports operate more efficiently by leveraging the benefits of the Aerobahn product suite and collaborative decision making (CDM) platform. As part of the CDM&E group, you will working alongside our Software Engineering Team as part of our Systems and Test Engineering team. You will actively participate in the software development process for aviation data processing systems utilizing web-based technology on the products delivered as part of the Aerobahn product Suite provided to our customers either as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model or a Turn-key solution. We are looking for an Enginees with an interest in integration and testing, however all aspects of system engineering such as requirements development, data analysis and algorithm development will be encountered in this role.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities include:
- Creating new, and utilize established integration and test processes to design, develop and execute test procedures
- Creating new test scenarios using various simulators
- Ensuring testability during development of product specifications
- Writing and generating automated tests
- Conducting engineering dry runs, formal testing, and regression testing
- Performing data analysis, preparing test briefings, and writing test reports
- Identifying the interdependencies of products and programs and planning integration and test events accordingly
- Conducting and supporting system integration in a laboratory environment and an operational environment
- Generating and investigating problem reports
- Generating system requirements based on customer requirements and concepts of operation
- Developing system designs and algorithm designs using system analysis and modeling methodologies
- Working with customers to understand their concept of operations in order to develop customer requirements and new feature ideas
- Performing system and data analysis and propose solutions to customer problems
- Generating detailed system/software requirements specifying what needs to be implemented
- Participating in technical reviews and status meetings
- Working in accordance with Sensis standard operating procedures
- Working on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of various factors
- Interacting with internal or external customers on specific technical issues
At Saab ATM you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on state-of'-the-art products that save lives. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers to ensure that products used for Air Traffic Surveillance meet their requirements and intended use. You will also work with world-class engineers in an environment that fosters professional development, collaboration, and support at all levels.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in engineering discipline, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Comfortable working with customers in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to organize and categorize information
- Ability to translate abstract ideas clearly and succinctly into the written word
- Ability to understand and converse intelligibly on detailed technical concepts
- Understanding of the fundamentals of statistical data analysis
- Comfortable in an integration environment
- Comfortable writing detailed explanations of data analysis and proposed designs
- Ability to manage a dynamic workload in a fast-paced environment
- Experience utilizing presentation skills to effectively communicate in a group environment
- Ability to write test procedures and conduct tests on complex operational software
- Familiarity with Linux, and real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking and protocols
- Familiarity with MATLAB, JIRA, Subversion
- Knowledge of air traffic control products
- Ability to write analysis software and/or scripts, particularly in Java, Java Script
- Familiarity with writing Microsoft Excel macros using Visual Basic
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio or similar general-purpose graphical design tools
- Experience understanding customer needs and determining how to meet them within technical and cost constraints
- Experience designing software algorithms
- Experience designing state machines
- Experience with software, hardware, and system integration activities
- Object oriented design experience
To be successful, you should:
- Be self-motivated, energetic, inquisitive, well-organized, flexible, and thorough
- Display well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Possess high standards of quality and attention to detail
- Demonstrate clear, concise, and correct written and oral communication, including grammar, spelling, and composition
- Demonstrate multitasking and time management skills
- Learn quickly
- Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, particularly with respect to influence and negotiation
- Interface respectfully with co-workers, customers, vendors, and subcontractors
- Understand the need for control and repeatability and act accordingly
- Understand and manage risk proactively
- Handle responsibility well
Saab ATM, provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, including Tuition Assistance, cafeteria and Fitness Facility.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.