What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab's Traffic Management (ATM) business unit, Saab Sensis, seeks a dynamic, results-oriented individual to fill the role of an entry level Technical Support Engineer. The Technical Support Engineer provides outstanding service to all Saab Sensis customers. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and committed to solving customer problems. A positive outlook, desire to help others, and the ability to listen and work collaboratively are crucial to success in this position.
Responsibilities of the Technical Support Engineer include:
- Applying company policies and procedures to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve a variety of customer hardware and software issues independently or in collaboration with others.
- Performing routine monitoring and maintenance activities using existing procedures.
- Gathering and preparing data for investigation of customer issues.
- Using common diagnostic test equipment and software tools to investigate issues.
- Identifying degraded system performance and recommending methods for improvement.
- Responding to situations where first-line technicians have failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Providing both remote and on-site technical support to customers on multiple systems.
- Having some contact with customers.
- Domestic and international travel opportunities.
Occasionally, supporting other company functional areas such as installation.
Your skills and experience
- Basic understanding of electronic systems.
- Basic understanding of analog, digital, RF, wired and wireless communications systems and networks.
- Effective use of problem solving skills and analytical thinking.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently and in collaboration with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Unix, Linux and MATLAB desired.
- Must be a problem solver who is poised, mature and fully capable of professional interactions with customers and Saab Sensis personnel.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in an engineering discipline and 0+ years of experience
- 4+ years of military or aerospace experience
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 13 February 2019 • 21:31