Would you like to create sustainable Environmental Improvements? We are looking for an Environmental Director to take us to the next level in our Environmental Improvement Program.
Your challenge is to ensure that Saabs business area Kockums, fulfill all legal and other requirements as well as policies related to environmental matters. This include identify deviations, support and advice line management to develop and execute corrective actions. You will lead a team of three Environmental Coordinators based in Karlskrona, Malmö and Stockholm. You will be part of an environmental network within Saab Group and be a part of the strategic sustainability and environmental improvement within Saab Group. You report to Head of Operations Office Business Area Kockums. We are primarily looking for an employee with placement in Karlskrona. The role include business travels within Sweden occasionally, mostly between our offices in Malmö and Karlskrona.
- Keep updated on Swedish laws, regulations, agreements, certificate requirements and policies related to environmental matters. Analyse and assess information and changes. Establish and maintain relationship with authorities, institutions and other relevant to environmental matters actors in Sweden.
- Ensure and follow up the implementation of legal and other (certificates) requirements as well as policies related to environmental matter (internal audit) and coordinate activities related to external and
internal environmental audits.
- Prepare and keep policies, manuals and check lists related to environment updated as well as document and register all conducted activities according to established systems and processes.
- In cooperation with line management, identify training needs, organize and deliver training programmes related to environmental matters.
- Establish contacts with similar functions in Saab group, contributing to and utilising synergies and best practices.
We are looking for you who are goal and result oriented with a creative mind in order to find new ways and solutions on challenges ahead. The ability to be clear, forward-looking, able to communicate and find solutions based on a holistic view of the company we see as an important success factor. The role include many contact areas why it´s important that you enjoy social contacts and quickly create trust among the people around you.
- You have good knowledge and a broad experience in environmental issues correlating to above mentioned tasks as well as successful experience from leading staff and developing teams.
- We would like you to have an engineering degree in Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent experience and a minimum of a few years work experience as Environment officer.
- Very good knowledge in Swedish laws, regulations, agreements, certificate requirements and policies related to environmental matters.
- Very good knowledge and experience of working with risk assessments on the effects of chemical substances on the (external) environment.
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English.
- Good knowledge in Office programs.
- Experience from carrying out external and internal audits.
- Experience of working with product development and production.
- International experience, preferably from larger industrial companies.
- Driving license.
What you will be a part of
Kockums, a business area within Saab, represents world-class excellence in the naval segment – both above and below surface. We design, build and maintain submarines and naval vessels based on advanced stealth technology. You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. Do you want to be part of building a successful team? Welcome with your application today!
Inside our leading naval factory
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be in Swedish or English. This position require that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
Anders Claesson, recruiting manager +46 734 34 11 05
or Charlotta Lundblad, HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Last updated: 13 August 2019 • 14:18