At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
We are looking for an experienced electronics and power electronics engineer to join our team, developing radars and other products to our customers. You will participate as engineer in the development regarding electronics, power, PCB and Firmware design and development for different products and thereby be important for the growth of competence in the company. As engineer, you will work with concept, design and development for our products. You will take the electronics responsibility within our projects to assure suitable solutions for development, production and support.
Your skills and experience
Your experience regarding electronics and power engineering is equally important as you possessing a desire to be a part of building up a brand new entity and operation in the UAE.
As a person, you are curious and inspired by new challenges and willing to contribute with your experience wherever needed. A well-developed understanding and willingness to learn about different cultures is crucial in this multi-cultural environment, as is the ability to teamwork through solutions. Key pointers might include:
· Experienced Electronics Engineer with relevant degree, preferably M.Sc in Electronics & Electrical Engineering
· Experience in electronics design and development, Analog, Digital and Power Electronics
· Experience in relevant tools for electronics engineering, power electronics and Firmware development is a requirement
· Experience with Mentor Xpedition Schematic/Layout and Mentor HyperLynx Signal Integrity Tools
· FPGA Development experience (HW and FW) is a merit- Xilinx preferably
· Analysis, problem solving and trouble shooting
· Interpretation and breakdown of requirements
· Specifications, design diagrams and descriptions as well as reports
· Support with testing to meet requirements
· Good ability to carry through your own and others ideas
· You must be able to express yourself in English, both oral and in written
· In order for you to achieve good results, you should act commercially and professionally when in contact with both customers and suppliers
· It is also a merit with experience from integrating different kind of sensors
Successful applicants would be required to undergo and satisfy Saab Security Clearance formalities.