Export Control manager
You will act as Export Control Manager for Saabs Business unit Avionics Systems, but will also support other business units within the Business Area
In your role, you will work with Export Control and Trade within the business unit. You will work close together with colleagues in Huskvarna and Järfälla.
The daily work consists of both handling of short-term needs, often formulated by incoming requests from the whole organization, but also with long-term goals and improvements. The role gives you a great opportunity to have a birds-eye-view of the organisation, from the first marketing initiatives to follow-on support for existing customers.
The main tasks are:
· classification of information, hardware and software in accordance with applicable export control regulations
· administration of applications to Swedish and foreign authorities
· counselling and participate in education and training of employees within export control
· follow-up and reporting on licenses and deliveries as well as analysing of Swedish and foreign export control regulations, in particular US and EU.
· You will also participate in the implementation of support systems and development of efficient and secure ways-of-working.
You are expected from time to time to travel within Sweden between the different Saab sites and on occasions abroad.
This role is a full time job but can be adapted for those who want a part time job.
We are looking for someone that has a couple of years’ experience from the industry with an appropriate field of education that is willing to learn, or has several years of work experience within either export compliance or avionics.
The right person will together with Saabs export professionals develop local expertise.
· University degree in appropriate field (e.g. logistics, engineering, business administration, law), or;
· Several years of work experience within either export compliance or avionics
· Good communication skills both in English and Swedish
· Be able to balance between short-term operational needs and long-term strategic goals
· You have integrity and like to work both in team and by yourself
· Professionalism in administration
· Good general knowledge of IT tools
· Service-minded with an interest to mentor and coach others
· The interest to continuously learn about export control regulations
· Drive to solve upcoming problems with short notice
· Certified Export Control Manager from the Swedish Export Control Society
· Experienced user of IFS Applications
Education, training and counselling are essential parts of the work tasks and we therefore put a lot of emphasis on personal characteristics.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
Industrial Products and Services (IPS) is a Business Area within Saab that based on our military heritage and know-how is focusing on civil business-to-business (B2B). IPS support leading aircraft industries in making aviation more efficient, provide leading technology for traffic management and public safety. IPS also support industry, defense and public sectors with services such as, Cyber Security, Digitalization and R&D. IPS include the business units Aerostructures, Avionics Systems, Traffic Management and the independent consultancy company Combitech. The Business Area has about 3 500 employees and a turnover of approx. 6.000 MSEK.
IPS is mainly located in Linköping, Järfälla and Huskvarna in Sweden, but also in another large number of Swedish cities and international locations.
Avionics Systems develops and manufactures qualified electronics, mechanics and software for demanding applications in aircraft and helicopters. Many of these products are developed in collaboration with other parts of Saab or external partners. Most of our projects are carried out in an international environment and we supply products for two of the world’s largest aircraft manufacturers, Airbus and Boeing as well as for Gripen.
Export Control is a function within the commercial department of Avionics Systems.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
We make remarkable products that keep us safe. Working at Saab is to work at the forefront of technology, and with everything from aircraft, submarines and radar to civil security, logistics and much more.
Economist or engineer, whatever your role, you’re part of a remarkable and evolving family of products which make a real difference to maintaining people’s safety and security.