What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis is seeking a dynamic Human Resources (HR) Intern to provide day to day and project support to the Human Resources Staff. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands on HR experience working on various project and initiatives. The successful candidate must be available to work September - December either Part-Time or Full-Time.
This position will assist the HR staff with day-to-day operations and various projects within numerous human resources functions including: recruitment, on-boarding, student co-op program, update to HR communication portal and policies and procedures.
Your skills and experience
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program for the duration of the intern assignment
- Completion of sophomore year or greater with a focus in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to quickly form alliances with Managers, Employees and the HR team
- Strong attention to detail and strict adherence to confidentiality
- High level of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to learn software applications quickly and thoroughly
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering, flexible work hours, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, 401(k), and a fitness facility.
As a Federal contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 10 May 2019 • 15:16