After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence and security customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Civil Solutions Deployment and Support team, the Field Application Engineers will workshop, deploy, configure, commission and sell-off OneView centric solutions, with the ultimate goal of ensuring Saab maintains excellent customer relations and delivers high quality solutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing an in depth understanding of OneView product features and project requirements
- Planning and leading project tasks necessary to deliver OneView based solutions, from project start to solution acceptance
- Supporting the planning, estimation, preliminary design and documentation of tender submissions
- Leading customer workshops and producing the minutes, functional baselines, commissioning and configuration management artefacts necessary to support the delivery of allocated projects
- Supporting “Set To Work” of systems by applying debugging knowledge and experience coupled with OneView systems expertise.
- Conducting customer off-site and on-site testing and attending project meetings in support of the Project Manager
Please note interstate travel for extended periods will be required on a rotational basis. This will include attendance at sites such as active correctional and detention facilities.
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess
- Professional experience in an ICT or technical role, dealing with customers, end-users and contractors
- Experience configuring and deploying PSIMs, industrial automation or control systems (or similar)
- Task estimation and reporting experience
- HMI Design / Graphical Design experience
- Experience with security related 3rd party sub-systems such as Access Control, CCTV, Duress, Perimeter Detection, Biometric, Key Safe and Intercom systems (desirable)
- IP Networking and Routing experience (desirable)
- Experience with hardware deployment such as network hardware, security hardware, workstations, servers and storage (desirable)
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 4 March 2020. Applications will be reviewed at fortnightly intervals during the posting period. You may contact our careers team for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.