At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s capability to defend and protect itself with the ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. We develop everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. Over 30 years, we’ve built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As a member of the Maritime group, the Field Service Engineer will liaise directly with other industry contractors, shipbuilders, ship production staff, schedulers and other stakeholders to ensure the efficient coordination, scheduling and execution of Saab’s work on-board ships, at land-based test sites and other customer locations.
The Field Service Engineer will also conduct technical activities including but not limited to 9LV CMS software installations, general sustainment activities such as addressing URDEFs and common support tasking, technical surveys and investigations, test and activation work and provide guidance to Saab technicians.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Perform engineering documentation reviews, draft and review closing reports
- Perform repairs on combat systems equipment
- Perform technical work on the 9LV CMS and other related subsystems, including fault diagnosis and configuration support
- Undertake some local, interstate and, possibly, international travel.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Five plus years in a technical capacity on-board a warship and/or a shipyard
- Interfacing with shipyard staff on production readiness and technical issues
- Solving complex technical issues
- Negotiating complex technical issues and ship schedules with all levels of staff
- Significant knowledge of naval combat systems equipment including sensors and weapons
- Certificate 3 in a technical discipline (essential)
- Experience working with 9LV CMS and related processes (desirable)
- Certificate 4 in a technical discipline (desirable)
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical discipline (Science, Technology or Engineering) (desirable).
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain the appropriate clearance. International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations also apply and your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. We offer a fresh and vibrant workplace, with a focus on continuous learning, collaboration and knowledge sharing. We’re an open minded and supportive organisation, where your health, well-being and work-life balance are emphasised and you’ll have the opportunity to develop a long term career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://saab.com/region/saab-australia/careers/benefits/
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by Wednesday 30 September. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.