What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units:
- Saab Sensor Systems (S3) is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within S3 is the U.S. division supporting the global Saab Surface Based Sensors business unit. S3 is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and U.S. Government agencies.
- Training and Simulation in Orlando, FL is the U.S. division operating in support of the global Saab Training and Simulation Business unit based in Husqvarna, Sweden. Training and Simulation provides world class land based Live, laser based Training and Simulation and Targetry products to the U.S. ARMY, Industry Primes, and Special Operations customers.
- Saab Barracuda USA LLC in Lillington, NC is the U.S. office operating in support of the global Saab Barracuda Signature Management Business unit based in Gamelby, Sweden. Barracuda is the world’s leading provider of world class textile based signature management products and capabilities for camouflage, solar shade, and energy management applications.
- Support and Services in Ashburn, VA is primarily the U.S. business unit supporting the global business unit responsible for support and maintenance of Saab’s commercial (340 and 2000) airplane fleet. Support and Services provides full lifecycle support and maintenance to the North and South American Saab 340 and 2000 customers. In addition Support and Services provides depot and logistics support for the rest of SDAS operations.
Because SDAS’s ultimate parent company, Saab AB, is not a U.S. entity, SDAS operates under a Special Security Agreement (“SSA”) with the U.S. Department of Defense. The SSA enables SDAS to participate in many classified programs and contracts by providing the company with a US Government approved legal and administrative framework within which Foreign Ownership Control and Influence (FOCI) risks are effectively mitigated.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a Financial Operations Manager reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, results-oriented individual seeking to further their career and grow professionally, while playing an integral role on a high performing accounting and finance team. The position will be responsible for all Treasury functions for Saab U.S. Operations, and will guide all local, state, federal and international tax preparation. In addition, the position will work closely with the CFO to identify opportunities to streamline and optimize internal accounting processes.
- Overseeing day to day Treasury Operations
- Establishing international trade finance instruments
- Hedging foreign currency exposure
- Accounting for changes in fair value of hedges
- Supporting external tax preparers in a complex international environment
- Filing bi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and annual filings for federal, state and local tax filings
- Working closely with Saab Group tax department on interpreting tax regulations in new countries, including registration requirements, value add requirements, income and employment taxes
- Interfacing with Business Systems IT group to successfully manage Oracle E-business Suite issues, improvements and future system road map
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 10 years’ relevant experience with demonstrated growth within the accounting profession
- Familiarity with ORACLE e business suite
- History of working within a multinational organization
- Advanced computer skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated drive, ambition and work ethic
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 26 February 2018 • 10:44