What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis Lead to join the Business Finance organization. This position will report directly to the Finance Manager and provide financial support for DoD and other various contracts. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the execution of monthly Hyperion forecast and annual & long term planning processes
- Accurately problem solve and recommend solutions to enhance the process and improve timelines and accuracy.
- Responsible for directing the monthly close and reporting process providing detailed variance analysis of current results and the impactions for the remainder of the budget or forecast term.
- Proactively analyze business performance and make recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Actively manager FP&A processes and make recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Lead the execution of monthly management reporting process and continuous improvement of reporting and analysis processes.
- Lead the development, improvement, and be responsible for monthly variances reporting of the P&L and cash flow.
- Manage cash flow and all associated deliverables including direct and indirect monthly forecast, annual plan and critical metrics and updates.
- Work with Program Managers and Finance Manager to ensure program forecasts are accurately reflected in business P&L and cash flow forecasts for the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and long range planning.
- Provide proposal costing and pricing support, cash flow analysis and review of RFP clauses for compliance
- Analyzing financial data (budgets, income statements, forecast)
- External Audit interface for programs selected for review
- Interface with Accounting to ensure program financials are properly stated on income statement and balance sheet.
- Lead implementation of the organization’s annual, rolling budgets, and ongoing actual vs budget performance reports and capital project plans, with focus on Revenue, COGS, and Margins.
- Working knowledge of various financial functions (i.e. contracts, estimates, planning, FP&A etc.)
- Develop and train financial analysts.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant Corporate Finance experience.
- Experience with all FP&A aspects of the P&L including revenue, gross margin, OpEx, and Operating Income.
- Financial analysis experience in the U.S. DoD contracting industry including familiarity with FAR, DFARS and CAS rules and regulations preferred.
- Experience in costing and pricing compliant U.S. DoD proposals preferred.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel including but not limited to pivot tables, formulas and graphing.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Ability to propose and implement new processes and tools.
- Ability to interface and work with various cross functional teams and work effectively with various levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with US GAAP, IFRS and other general accounting rules and principles.
- Familiarity of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and financial reporting software.
- Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to proactively identify and implement process and tool improvements.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines with emphasis on sustained accuracy and attention to detail.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with Oracle E-business Suite, Cobra and other financial management software helpful but not required.
- Familiarity with Hyperion/HFM.
- Prior government contracting experience.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 23 January 2020 • 17:31