What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Air Traffic Management (ATM) is currently seeking a creative and independent system engineer for its new Future Capabilities team. The Future Capabilities team has been formed to research and develop technologies and product ideas that have strategic, long-term value. Through research and rapid-prototyping, you will have the opportunity to assist in creating demonstrations and determining the viability and quality of technical and product ideas. Given the entrepreneurial nature of the team, you will also have the opportunity to help tackle business challenges, like evaluating customer needs and identifying the potential of new product ideas. Some of the team’s current research priorities include progressive web applications, Big Data pipelines, mobile applications, computer vision, and unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
Your role will be to:
- Be an active, analytical thinker and hands-on contributor
- Start with broad problem statements or goals, and determine how to solve them or reduce uncertainty
- Understand the problem space for well-defined procurements and for internally-identified market opportunities that are just taking shape
- Document and evolve an understanding of the relevant users, roles, and use cases
- Document and evolve an understanding of the related systems, integration points, and data flows
- Assist in the defining solutions, technical approaches, and overall capture strategies
- Meet with existing and prospective customers to gather information, discuss ideas, and demonstrate concepts
- Communicate with the larger organization to share ideas, challenges, and results
Your skills and experience
- You must have a passion for technology and problem solving
- BS in engineering
- Experience in system engineering on complex projects/programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to travel ~15% of the time
- Aviation and air traffic management knowledge
- Understanding of and experience working with FAA and US NAS systems
- FAA program experience
- Software/enterprise architecture understanding
This position does not require a specific number of years of experience, although the final job level will be commensurate with the selected individual’s experience and skills.
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.