What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
Located in Adelaide, the General Manager Commercial leads Saab’s Commercial Group and is responsible for the development, implementation and management of Saab Australia’s commercial strategy and processes; including with respect to legal advisory, enterprise risk, export control, contract management and procurement and inventory management. The successful candidate will be an active member of the Senior Management Team. They will collaborate closely with the group legal team in Sweden to achieve the strategic goals of Saab Australia.
Your skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide commercial advice, guidance and leading successful commercial negotiations;
- Experience in managing external services providers including legal service providers, insurance brokers and other consultants
- Expertise in respect of corporate governance
- Experience in building the level of commercial culture across a company including providing commercial education and training
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of commercial, legal and risk management requirements for a large or multi-disciplinary company in a Defence or construction environment
- Experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team to achieve the strategic goals and objectives of the Commercial group
- Excellent negotiating skills and a demonstrated ability to achieve effective outcomes in a multi-disciplined, multi-party environment
- Ability to deliver a high level of business presentation skills to both external customers and staff from multiple disciplines and levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated competency in commercial and financial control and management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Tertiary qualification in law with complimentary qualifications in commerce or other related business discipline highly regarded
- Must be able to undertake Domestic and International travel
Please visit the Careers page of our website to submit your application by Monday 25th March 2019.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 08 March 2019 • 00:46