What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
Located in Adelaide, the General Manager – Maritime is responsible for the global efficiency and effectiveness of Maritime (naval surface ships) business.
In this pivotal senior role, the General Manager is ultimately accountable for the growth and delivery of Saab’s Maritime Defence systems business.
You will use your management knowledge and skills to develop and execute a business plan that delivers revenue, profitability and cash flow targets as agreed with the Managing Director.
As the General Manager Maritime, you will be a member of the Australian Senior Management team and take on the responsibilities delegated to the management team by the Saab Australia Board.
Your skills and experience
- Proven management and strategic leadership track record in a company or other enterprise delivering complex systems solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deliver a high level of business, project and technical presentation skills to both external customers and staff from multiple disciplines and levels of the organisation.
- Excellent management and highly developed leadership/team building skills.
- Highly developed problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to develop quick, effective, and reasonable courses of action in emergencies.
- Demonstrated success in leading change
- Demonstrated competency in commercial and financial control and management
- Demonstrated understanding of Defence (especially in the Maritime domain) customers and industry.
- Excellent negotiating skills and a demonstrated ability to achieve effective outcomes in a multi-disciplined, multi-party environment.
- Able to maintain a healthy work-life balance and to be able to develop and maintain a positive, collaborative and efficient work environment for all staff.
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical or engineering discipline.
- Must be able to undertake extensive Domestic and International travel
Please visit the Careers page of our website to submit your application by Monday 17th December 2018.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted in the week commencing 7th January 2019.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.