The Saab Graduate Leadership Programme is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate to gain a large network, a holistic view of the company, the job and leadership. The Saab Graduate Leadership program reflects the diversity of opportunities at Saab, and we are looking for individuals with the right skills to lead technological development and change.
The program is an extended and in-depth introduction to the company, the job and leadership, which will help develop your career at Saab. Seize that opportunity fully – and you will grow! You will be employed to the specific area that you apply for from day one.
Read more about our programme here.
During the programme, you will get the opportunity to create an overall understanding of the company that will prepare you for an exciting future together with us. Your development will be aligned with Saab’s business goals and the programme will enable you to contribute to our business and take part in actual projects.
You will work within Saab IT and a Service Management Office (SMO) department within the IT Operation operating our common IT services Infrastructure, Workplace and Communication and Enterprise Application.
The SMO department has a responsibility to ensure operational excellence, continued service improvement and efficient ITSM processes.
You would work and gain experience within the following subject areas:
- Setting IT operational policies and standards
- Defining ITIL Processes and procedural best practices
- Setting process KPI / PI definitions and reporting KPI / PI conformance
- Operating ITIL Processes throughout the global Saab IT organization
- Monitoring and analysing operational service quality throughout the global Saab IT organization
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to service-management practitioners distributed throughout the global Saab IT organization
- A Continual Service Improvement (CSI) program
- Service Automation and Orchestration
- Curating and distributing shared data and insights throughout the global Saab IT organization
However we believe the CSI Program will become your primary focus area.
The CSI program works in four ways:
- We operate an ideas funnel to capture only the best improvement candidates from across the Saab IT organisation. In addition we also look at how IT can provide better business outcomes to the Saab Group.
This requires lots of detailed performance measurement and analytics so as to gain the most benefit from our efforts.
- We operate a CSI assessment and approval board.
The board meets to ensure we have good business reasons and management sponsorship to fund and execute such improvements.
- We manage the cross department collaboration required to build and execute improvement solutions.
This could cover everything from the how our people and process work, to how automation and orchestration can play a greater part in our operation.
- We review perceived benefits vs actual benefits and celebrate success.
As we are looking for future leaders, you need to have a genuine interest in people. You understand that collaboration and curiosity are essential success factors for a business to grow and for people to thrive at their workplace. You are flexible, humble and spread positive energy.
You have an overall business understanding, possess a strategic thinking and deliver excellent results. Your motivation and commitment help you, and people around you, to perform on a daily basis.
To apply for this program you have a maximum of 2 years work experience.
Observe that we want your application in English.
To be a successful Trainee we want you to have at least a Bachelor dergee in Business and IT Administration or similar. The background which coveres data analytics and/or data mining would be helpful, as would experience regarding how quality / improvement programs operate.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
For more than a year, you will participate in an international programme that is uniquely designed to boost your career and develop knowledge around key areas for the basics of leadership. From day one, you will be appointed to a position with permanent employment at one of Saab’s sites worldwide.
The IT Service Management Office (SMO) is a centre of excellence within the Saab IT organization, chartered to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of our IT services.
The SMO is populated with Process Leads who are all Senior Manages and specialists in ITIL Processes e.g. Incident, Problem, Change etc. All have an extensive background in the areas of IT Project Management, IT Operations, Operational Analytics and Continual Service Improvement.
The advertisement period is November 4th – January 10th with ongoing selection. When you apply, you will be directed to another page where you can add your resume together with personal letter and other documents.
- First step in our recruitment process is to conduct a couple of psychological tests, which you will be invited to through e-mail once you have applied. We use tests as part of the process in order to make the most quality-assured and fair assessment as possible.
- The selection period is in January 2020 and beginning of February 2020. Please note that video and telephone interviews may be used further into the selection period.
- If you are one of the lucky ones to come to this stage, you will be invited to the recruitment days where you will meet the hiring manager and other applicants. This is mandatory and will be conducted during 2nd – 6th of March 2020. Please write in your application that you will be able to take part in the recruitment days.
Please note that other interviews and a security screening also will take place during the process.
We look forward to your application!
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.