What you will be a part of
Saab Australia’s physical security information management system offers integration of a wide range of third party and customer preferred subsystems including CCTV, access control, intercoms, perimeter detection, duress and intruder detection. Each solution is tailored to meet specific customer needs and provides effective insurance against evolving requirements and future technology changes.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
The Group Engineering Manager is responsible for the management of the Civil Solutions Engineering Team and the delivery of the necessary engineering outputs including Software, Hardware and Documentation to meet the agreed project time schedules. The Group Engineering Manager is a member of the Group Management Team and will work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the Group to ensure successful engineering outcomes on all Civil Solutions projects.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing input into the Group strategy and operational management
- Status reporting on behalf of the engineering team
- Identifying risks and opportunities and bringing them to the attention of the group
- Providing advice to the project managers and the group management team on the escalation and resolution of engineering related issues within the projects
- Managing the development of Civil Solutions engineering products, including the product management and development of the OneView physical security information management system
- Supporting the tendering process with the provision of engineering estimates, proposal content and compliance items
- Coordinating the recruitment, development and placement of engineering staff within the group to satisfy business outcomes and managing the day to day tasking conflicts within the group
- Defining and maintaining the group engineering process and guiding the tailoring and application of core engineering process and methods by projects
Your skills and experience
- Degree qualified in computer systems, electrical/electronic engineering or related discipline supporting eligibility for CPEng
- Demonstrated competence in engineering leadership with recognised broad-based experience.
- A strong understanding of the full systems engineering lifecycle and common guiding standards.
- Experience in large scale projects involving multi-disciplinary engineering teams and execution of technically related activities
- Significant supervisory experience including the conduct of performance reviews and mentoring.
- Exemplary communication skills, with the ability to influence, develop and promote change
Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application by 15 November 2018. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 14 November 2018 • 03:16