After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, the Hardware Engineer - Electronic/Electrical will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s 9LV combat system / combat management system across the full RAN surface fleet.
The Hardware Engineer - Electronic/Electrical will design, develop, document and test a wide range of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment within the Hardware Engineering Team.
- Research and develop products from requirements gathering to initial and detailed design
- Ensure electronic/electrical hardware design and testing is adequately documented according to the appropriate standards
- Ensure that products and services meet all customer needs as well as Saab’s schedule, cost and quality
- Safeguard the integrity of the engineering processes by following the defined processes
- Support the integration and on site testing of assigned components
- Ensure all applicable standards and QA procedures are followed to ensure regulatory compliance.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering)
- Understanding of the lifecycles of small to medium sized electronic/electrical hardware defence projects
- Understanding of Configuration Management and Quality requirements (as required by ISO 9001)
- Designing and developing electronic/electrical hardware systems (e.g. circuit board, computer systems, networks and other associated hardware)
- At least 3 years industry experience
- Demonstrated experience with design for manufacturing.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health and wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by Sunday 2 February. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.