After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, you will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s 9LV combat system / combat management system across the full RAN surface fleet.
The Hardware Engineer - Mechanical will do the design, development, documentation and management of physical testing and/or simulation of a wide range of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment within the Maritime Hardware Engineering business unit.
- Perform all phases of research and development and current product development, including requirements gathering to detailed design
- Document all mechanical design and physical and/or virtual testing to the appropriate requirements/standards
- Assist with building capability and conducting virtual simulations using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software
- Ensure products meet schedule, cost, safety, serviceability, maintainability and quality requirements
- Support the integration and on site testing of assigned products
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Your experience/skills will include:
- The lifecycles of small to medium sized hardware defence projects and the associated processes
- Competent use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) software (preferably Creo)
- Product Lifecycle Management software tools (preferably Windchill)
- Simulation software such as ANSYS, Creo Simulate or similar
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) practices and Quality requirements (ISO 9001)
- Designing and developing mechanical systems and the integration of electro-mechanical items into complex and bespoke Saab products
- Defence industry experience (Desirable)
- Hydraulic and electrical/electronic systems knowledge (Desirable)
- Formal Tertiary Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering.
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 defence clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by Thursday 28 November 2019. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.