After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of Saab Australia’s Land group, the Hardware Engineer – Systems & Mechanical, will apply systems engineering methodology whilst designing, developing, testing and documenting a wide range of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in all phases of product development: from initial requirements gathering to conducting detailed design of new products, as well as modifying/improving existing products and respective support systems
- Identifying and developing requirements for systems, sub-systems and product components
- Preparing briefing material to support system reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR etc.)
- Ensuring hardware design and testing is adequately documented according to the appropriate internal and contracted standards
- Safeguarding integrity of engineering outcomes by following defined processes and, where applicable, suggesting technical and process innovation and improvements
- Assuring that the system/overall solution complies with relevant regulatory and technical standards (e.g. product safety, human factors, environmental, etc.)
- Supporting the integration and on site testing of assigned components
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in mechanical and/or mechatronics engineering (or similar)
- Demonstrated competency in designing and developing mechanical or electro-mechanical hardware systems (e.g. structural systems, computer systems, server racks and integration of other associated hardware)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience with mechanical or electro-mechanical equipment
- Understanding of Configuration Management and Quality/ISO 9001 requirements
- Demonstrated experience with design for manufacturing and managing requirements in DOORS and/or Cradle
- Experience operating within a Defence Regulatory or equivalent environment (e.g. TRAMM-L, aerospace, transport, infrastructure)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 5 January 2020. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description. Please note that due to company Xmas shutdown, applicants will be reviewed from 6 January onwards.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.