Head of Business Unit Radar Solutions
As the Head of Radar Solutions you will be responsible for a growing national and global business unit. You will report to the Head of Business Area Surveillance, and be part of the Surveillance Management team.
As the Head of Radar Solutions you demonstrate a very high level of business acumen and accountability for delivering according to your commitments. The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden but travel is required.
More specifically, the role includes:
- Profitability, growth and sustainability of the Radar Solutions global business
- Line Management for approximately 800 employees in Gothenburg
- Full P&L, including order Intake, for the global business
- Responsibility for business execution and product life cycle management for the global business
- Strategic and Financial business planning as well as budgeting and financial forecasts
- Customer relations in close collaboration with Saab Market Areas/Country Units and other Business Units within Saab
To be successful in this role, we expect you to demonstrate a very strong drive, collaboration skills, commitment, tenacity and ability to motivate and engage your employees. You are a confident communicator leading by values, visions and goals. You believe that our behaviours are crucial for our chances to achieving our goals. You are a strong promotor for our Surveillance "Together As One" culture.
- You must have the ability to create and implement strategies to secure both growth and EBIT and have the ambition to reach beyond the business plan targets
- People management; challenges employees to be extraordinary, embraces ambiguity and complexity, and utilizes coaching as a way to grow and improve employee capabilities
- Ability and passion to drive an international, complex, high-tech organization
- Effectively communicate the expectation levels and vision of the Radar Solutions in a way to motivate and encourage staff to achieve high performance and generate growth
- Financial management, budget processes & control and capital spending
- Ability to establish and maintain a strong network of customers, local industrial partners and other relevant sources of information and influence
What you will be part of
Radar Solutions is a business unit within Surveillance and is formed of around 1200 employees globally; Sweden, USA, Abu Dhabi and UK.
Radar Solutions provides airborne, ground-based and naval radar solutions.
The business unit has a strong presence in the global defence and security markets, a close relationship with customers and rewarding international collaborations.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Last updated: 25 March 2020 • 18:24