As the Head of Supply Chain Management within Regional Aircraft you will work in a truly international environment where your own ability to make a difference both for the team you are heading as well as for the business as a whole will be a critical success factor. You will be part of a very exciting and long term journey to support our customers to be successful in their own operations.
The head of Supply Chain Management is an important part of Regional Aircraft management team and a crucial role in the continued success of the Regional Aircraft business. The position is based in Linköping, Sweden but international travel is required.
The main tasks:
· Leading a sourcing organization with both strategic and operative procurement staff
· Overall responsibility for sourcing and supply within Regional Aircraft and a member of Regional Aircraft management team
· Act as a senior expert in sourcing and commercial issues
· Competence development and resource planning
To be successful in this role, we expect you to demonstrate a very strong drive, collaboration skills, professionalism, commitment and most importantly you are an experienced leader with impeccable motivational skills and a strong ability to create enthusiasm and success for the whole team.
· Very strong leadership ability to motivate and enthusiasm the team
· Have experience from both strategic and operative sourcing
· Have a high degree of personal maturity
· Experience from international business negotiations and a well-developed inter-cultural understanding
· Proven experience from successfully leading a diverse team of direct reports
· Experience from the aviation industry
· Knowledge of authority requirements in the aviation industry
· Good technical understanding and ability to understand complex technical products and services
· Experience from working with legacy products
What you will be a part of
Regional Aircraft is a department within Aviation Services focused on supporting a large fleet of Saab manufactured passenger and cargo aircraft all around the world. Regional Aircraft is the Type Certificate holder and OEM for Saab 340 and Saab 2000.
Regional Aircraft is operating on a truly international arena with customers and suppliers from all over the world. Our main operation are based in Linköping but we also have an office in USA outside of Washington and we employ around 110 people. Saab is committed to support our fleet of aircraft and Regional aircraft is tasked within Saab to carry out this commitment towards the customers, aircraft owners, authorities and supplier.
A typical day working within Regional Aircraft is fast paced, customer driven and most importantly fun.
Please note that we will accept your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.