After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. We have a rich history of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers and are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next exciting chapter.
If a career providing outstanding HR Business Partnering services for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you’ve come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of Saab’s agile, professional HR team, you will play a key role in the ongoing development and implementation of HR initiatives as we seek to continually improve the capability of the business and its employees.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing guidance and advisory services to staff and management within allocated portfolio, regarding: Remuneration and Benefits, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Change Management, Grievance Resolution and Organisational Development
- Contributing to the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures based on relevant legislation and contemporary HR management practices
- Partnering with business to influence decisions and supporting compliance issues related to people policy
- Liaising with stakeholders to identify resourcing needs
- As directed by the GM Human Resources, undertaking a range of HR project and business improvement activities
- When required, undertaking end to end recruitment, selection, appointment and onboarding activities
Please note we are offering this role on a fixed term contract basis, expiring at the end of December 2020.
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience working in a HR Business partnering role supporting diverse portfolios
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary and best practice HR approaches
- Proven experience in grievance resolution and employment relations
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload including the ability to prioritise work and meet established timeframes
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to quickly establish strong working relationships
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office suite and experience using a HRIS such as Workday (or equivalent)
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 17 November 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.