Saab Canada is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to work in collaboration with management while further developing and administering HR initiatives and programs. This position will have HR site responsibilities for Canadian office locations in Vancouver, Fredericton, Halifax, Medicine Hat, and Ottawa. The HR Generalist will be responsible for all areas of HR including Compensation, Benefits, Compliance, Recruitment, Onboarding, Training, Employee Relations, etc. This position will be located in either our Vancouver or Ottawa office.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The day-to-day delivery, coordination and administration of HR activities and programs
- Work with the management team to develop and promote a culture and work environment that supports each site’s strategic plan and annual operating plans
- Ensure HR programs to attract, retain and engage employees are developed, implemented and managed effectively and efficiently
- Manage full-cycle recruitment activities (i.e. developing job descriptions and job postings, sourcing applicants, provide training and guidance to managers to conduct effective interviews, prepare offer letters, etc.)
- Provide guidance on employee conflict resolution, disciplinary actions and terminations
- Ensure employee handbook is current with most up-to-date company policies and procedures
- Build strong relationships with employees throughout the company and act as liaison between other departments, divisions and stakeholders
- Develop, implement and maintain compensation and benefits throughout Canadian operations, ensuring compliance with all Federal and applicable Provincial regulations and reporting requirements
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist role
- Experience working in a multicultural, diverse environment, international HR context would be an asset
- Expert knowledge in one or more areas of HR: compensation, benefits, recruitment, training, organizational development, etc.
- Must have a strong working knowledge, ability to research, understand, and apply applicable Canadian employment legislation and standards
- Preferred experience working with Workday or other large HRIS system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exceptional time management, project planning, and communication skills, both verbal & written
- Demonstrated experience with employee conflict resolution is preferred
- Must be able to travel extensively in Canada to visit the various office on a monthly basis.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development. Saab Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Last updated: 17 August 2018 • 22:31