After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career spent designing, developing and integrating high-end systems sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Civil Security group, the ICT Infrastructure Engineer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s OneView physical security information management system.
More specifically, they will contribute to the estimation and preliminary design of new projects, and plan, deliver and coordinate integration, site support and verification services relating to existing and future security system projects.
They will also:
- Manage/install Windows, including Active Directory and Domain Authentication
- Manage/configure network and security, backup and recovery and workstation devices
- Document design decisions and build instructions
- Review documents, configurations and scripts in accordance with project requirements
- Maintain the Security Integration Lab and Restricted Test Lab
- Travel interstate and overseas may be required.
Their experience/skills will include:
- Design and delivery of complex ICT infrastructure projects for small/medium businesses
- Complex troubleshooting
- ICT fundamentals like Active Directory, advanced virtualisation (preferably VMWare), IP Addressing, networking and security
- Hardware such as routers, firewall, switches, storage arrays, servers and workstations
- Scripting language(s) (PowerShell, VBS, .bat, Linux, etc.)
- Configuration and Change Management
- Agile framework.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health and wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.