After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career spent designing, developing and integrating high-end systems sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Civil Security group, the ICT Solution Architect will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s OneView physical security information management system.
More specifically, the ICT Solution Architect will lead the design and delivery of complex ICT solutions to meet customer requirements of current and future security system projects.
- Provide initial technical review and engineering estimates for tendering of new projects
- Perform requirements analysis and determine integration tasks for projects
- Design high level solutions and create detailed tasking for the team
- Propose design decisions throughout the project life cycle
- Deliver the technical solution
- Plan, contribute to and coordinate the successful delivery of integration services to projects
- Perform the technical review of documents, configurations and artefacts in accordance with project requirements
- Provide design and assistance to Engineering teams during design, development, test and support phases.
Their skills and experience will include:
- Design and implementation of ICT infrastructure for medium to large businesses
- Delivery of multiple, complex projects to specialised stakeholder requirements
- Following engineering processes to produce high quality deliverables
- Windows domain management
- Advanced VMware vSphere concepts
- IP Addressing, networking, routing and firewall knowledge
- One or more scripting languages (PowerShell, VBS, .bat, python, perl, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health and wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.