What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
As a part of Saab’s ICT Service Desk Team, the Support Officer will have a focus on providing 1st & 2nd level support and assist with day-to-day ICT administrative duties.
Such duties include, but are not limited to:
- User Account management;
- Client Deployment, Setup and Configuration;
- Installation, configuration and support of corporate tools, systems, applications and technologies;
- Maintain registers for the management of ICT assets;
- Maintain operational support and end user documentation; and
- Perform other Service Desk duties, as directed.
The role also has opportunity to work on, and be exposed to larger projects and tasks, but will be subject to availability and required skillset.
Please note this role is being offered on a 24 month fixed term contract.
Your skills and experience
- Approximately 1-3+ year(s) experience within the IT industry working in a similar role;
- Experience with service desk, or equivalent tasking systems;
- Working knowledge and experience with client deployment technologies, such as Microsoft SCCM;
- Experience in the establishment and maintenance of registers to record details of hardware and software assets; and
- Solid working knowledge of, and experience with: Active Directory Services; Microsoft Operating Systems and the Office Applications; and Modern IT Hardware, extending to BIOS/UEFI Configurations, Firmware, Drivers etc.
Please note applications close 21 October 2018. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.