We constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place. As senior ILS Engineer you will coordinate the ILS work together with the customer and the team which is responsible to secure that ILS is considered in all the solutions we offer to the customers. Our solutions are used within the civil and military markets.
As senior ILS Engineer, you have to secure that the work with operational monitoring, quotation evaluation and follow-up will be done, to make sure the system enables the required mission production within a minimal maintenance effort and cost.
We have a tight ILS team that works closely with our customer. The culture at the department is permeated by the desire of being commercial and the will to perform. There is no prestige and we work side by side with managers and project members.
We are looking for someone who is conversent with ILS in the Swedish Defense Forces and who knows about the material life cycle planning for FTN. Someone who likes to take responsibility, is structured and drives the process forward to complete the tasks in the best way. Someone who is solution oriented and can help the customer to fullfill their needs. You have a good cooperative ability and great people skills. In addition to the above, you have no problem presenting your work to customer and internally at Saab.
Your main tasks:
Support our customer during the acquisition process within the ILS elements to ensure:
- Support at minimum costs
- Preparation and evaluation of alternatives
- Optimized and integrated support
- Determine logistic support resource requirements
- Optimize LRU, Line Replaceable Unit, and spare parts
- Generate and deliver technical documentation according to “Handbok FMV Materielpublikationer”
- Register materiel and directory assistance in GoF
- Support for operational follow-up / report generation of statistics information
- Search and compile data from different databases
- Continuously streamline and develop work process and tools
- Good project leadership
Frequent travelling within Sweden is required
The role can be positioned in Arboga, Växjö, Stockholm or Linköping.
Customer contact is a part of the work, which requires flexibility and social skills. Different technical educational backgrounds and experiences can be suitable for the role, but we value the following highly:
- An analytical ability
- Structured mind and ability to take initiative
- Follow-up of own activities
- Technical Engineer or at least 3 years work experience in the field
- Independently plan your own time
- Experience of ILS
- Education in ILS
- Background/interest in communications system
- Experience in and knowledge of organization within FMV/FM
- A team player that facilitates team work on all levels
- B driving license
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
You have a natural ability to cooperate with others. Furthermore you possess an inner drive and accept the responsibility to plan and push your work forward on your own. Another valuable personal quality is a positive attitude towards new challenges.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
We apply ongoing selection for this recruitment which means that the position may be filled prior to the job ad's expiration date.
If you feel confident that you match the profile described above - please forward your application as soon as possible.
We welcome your application in both English and Swedish.
What You Will Be a Part of
In your role you will be a part of the department Communication, within the Business Unit Communication and Tactical Solutions. We are responsible for the design, support and implementation of technical and robust communications solutions and infrastructure utilizing networks, radio, and satellite technologies. We design and implement systems in airborne and land based platforms. We are a team of 150 employees, headed from Arboga, with operations in both Järfälla, Växjö and Linköping.
Communication and Tactical Solutions is a part of the business area Support & Services.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging setting, Saab may well have the conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.