Welcome to join us at business unit Gripen Support, Support and Services and help us develop and manage our In-Country Support function in Anãpolis, Brazil. We are now looking for an In-country support Manager who is driven by setting up a new operation and getting things done – in line with our strategy.
The In-Country Support Management in Brazil is responsible for set up of the support office for Gripen and running the operation. At first the position will be placed in Linköping to start planning and set up the new operation. 2021 the position will become an expat position in Anãpolis, Brazil.
The management of the in-country support office includes the following tasks;
- Manage the support operation for Gripen in Brazil
- Hiring, coordinating and supporting our employees
- Represent Saab for the support operation in Brazil
- Set up new operation and make sure that the operations is running
- Manage customer contact in several aspects
- Act as contact person for both partners and suppliers within the support contract
- Be able to handle authority contacts in Brazil
- Act independently according to strategy and requirements for the support commitment in Brazil.
- Administration – infrastructure at the office
- Team development and overall working conditions of the support team including work environment, safety and local regulations.
The position as In-Country Support Manager is a vital role for our success to manage our in customer logistic support contract. It will involve contacts with the organisation in Sweden and Brazil, both internal and external. You need to have great communicational skills, be relations-oriented and find it easy to interact with many different stakeholders.To thrive and act in the role we would like to see that you are independent and secure in your abilities to be able to make your own decisions to fulfil our strategy for the support in Brazil.
It will be vital that the support function in an accurate way can communicate the customer requirements and needs to the organisation in Sweden.
We are looking for someone with:
- International experience
- Knowledge about support operation and aviation services
- Experience in supply chain
- Experience of negation with customers and suppliers
- Operational experience and preferably in setting up new operations
- Leadership experience
You should also:
- Be customer oriented with strong business understanding for support contracts
- Thrive in an uncertain context
- Be curious and eager to embrace new cultures, non-judgemental and tolerant
- Have great social skills
What you will be a part of
Business unit Gripen Support manages Gripen business within Support and Services and provides a focal point for customers and partners. We provide support for the Gripen system including a range of products and services e.g. technical support, maintenance, ground support equipment, component repair, services for advanced electronic systems, as well as advanced logistics supply services. We also offer maintenance concepts as well as production and implementation of various parts of other maintenance solutions to customers in all domains.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
Our world-class employees are constantly challenged to break new ground. By thinking innovatively we’re pushing intellectual and technological boundaries – keeping us ahead of today’s complex defence and security challenges. This thinking relies on drive, expertise and trust – our core values which see us work collaboratively and pragmatically with customers and partners. But it’s the products and solutions emerging from this thinking that give us a distinct advantage over our competitors – our thinking edge. If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people. Explore your potential, find your edge at Saab!