What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
As part of Saab’s Security Operations team, the Information Security Analyst will work closely with Saab’s ICT group and the business to provide specialist security advice and expertise to help protect Saab’s assets from cyber threats.
The Information Security Analyst will also be actively involved in internal and external project activities for the broader Security & Risk Group and will provide support and expertise enabling the success of such projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, triaging and investigating cyber security threats/incidents
- Providing Information security risk advice, including risk remediation plans
- Configuring business rules on the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system and peripheral security systems, including AV, HIDS/HIPS, NIDS, DLP, Whitelisting and log management tools
- Monitoring, tuning and assessing of the SIEM
- Assisting with audits, ICT risk assessments and regulatory compliance
- Advising on ICT security situations that are of a critical nature and that impact Saab’s business
- Reporting on security breaches, the extent of any damage caused and propose remedial/mitigating actions
- Assisting in producing proposals and responding to tenders for the Security & Risk Group to win external Cyber related project work and then executing the resultant project activities as per customer requirements
Your skills and experience
- Experience performing ICT security risk assessments of ICT service offerings
- Experience in threat analysis, threat risk assessment and vulnerability management
- Experience with IPS/IDS and SIEM technologies
- Broad knowledge of engineering and support tools, applications and technologies
- Experience in one or more scripting languages
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure, networks, databases and systems in relation to ICT Security and ICT Risk
- Demonstrated ability to apply ICT security frameworks, policies and standards into operational context and provide practical advice based on them;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 23 July 2019. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.
Last updated: 11 July 2019 • 02:33