What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab is seeking a self-motivated and proven Information Security Manager to focus on the policies and procedures for Information Technology (IT) security, monitoring, testing and compliance. The Information Security Manager will provide expert advice in evaluating and designing security solutions and working with technicians throughout the company in implementing, maintaining and constantly improving the information security practice while managing and maintaining our efforts in the areas of information security, governance, risk and compliance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain internal policies and procedures, system security plans, risk assessments, and other Risk Management Framework related artifacts.
- Conduct, manage and/or coordinate internal and external audits.
- Interface with various government/customer representatives.
- Participate in cybersecurity/ Information Assurance (IA) meetings with external customers.
- Participate in internal proposal efforts related to cybersecurity/ IA requirements.
- Provide technical guidance on compliance requirements.
- Manage and update the Information Security Awareness program.
- Perform security assessments based on NIST and contractual requirements.
- Coordinate incident response across multiple teams while providing technical assistance.
- Participate in selection and operation of security infrastructure including vulnerability management, SEIM solution, incident response tools, etc.
- Provide guidance to software development teams to address vulnerabilities and incorporate industry best practices.
- Day-to-day coordination with the IT staff.
- Mentoring of junior security professionals.
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Security, Information Assurance or related discipline
- 15+ years of relevant experience (13+ if Master's degree)
- Significant experience in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of NIST Standards relating to information technology, cybersecurity and risk management
- Strong knowledge of RMF and its implementation as related to the Department of Defense (i.e. STIGs, ACAS, etc.)
- Ability to interpret and implement NIST 800-53 controls
- Ability to plan/coordinate security and/or cybersecurity activities across multiple programs within the business
- Ability to manage information security violations and incidents
- Ability to manage internal and external customer expectations; and provide presentations to executive leadership, government members, and external customers
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must have a security clearance
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Knowledge of networking technologies (i.e. routers, firewalls, switches)
- CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC or CCISO certification
- Knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Experience with IBM QRadar
- Knowledge of the DoD Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification Program
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 23 December 2019 • 19:31