What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
Leading a small team of ICT professionals, the Infrastructure Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the operational integrity of Saab’s Classified and Unclassified infrastructures.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing support and operation of multiple technology areas such as networks, servers and storage systems, backup and recovery systems, virtualisation platforms and other supporting system tools and applications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking performance planning, monitoring and reviews for the ICT Infrastructure team
- Liaising and maintaining working relationships with key partners, vendors and manufacturers
- Ensuring that the computing environments comply with all required company security policies and frameworks
- Supervising the maintenance and continued operation of all Data Centres associated with the Unclassified and Classified environments
- Ensuring backup and disaster recovery systems are adequate, in place and operational
- Ensuring periodic review and audits are performed across all key ICT infrastructures and systems;
Your skills and experience
- Significant experience in the ICT industry or similar role;
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, design, development and implementation of major ICT Infrastructures;
- Knowledge/Understanding of fundamental technologies …
- Microsoft Technology Stack;
- Networking, i.e. Routing, Switching, WAN/LAN;
- Server and Storage technologies;
- Backup/Disaster Recovery Technologies and Methodologies; and
- Virtualisation Technologies, i.e. VMware/HyperV.
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff in a team environments and to foster cooperation within and between teams;
- Hardware and Software Asset management;
- Familiar with the ITIL framework and/or hold and ITIL certification; and
- Must be an Australian citizen or be able to meet citizen eligibility requirements to comply with Defence Industry security requirements.
Please note applications close 28 October 2018. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.