After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Land group, the ILS Manager will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s ground based air defence and deployable health solutions. You will be accountable for the overall management and requirements delivery of the ILS scope for both acquisition and sustainment projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership to the support engineering capability, including supervising a team of logistics engineers, technical writers and training personnel
- Providing logistics engineering input into system engineering planning and hardware design and implementation
- Leading the life cycle cost analysis for the acquisition and into the transition to sustainment
- Managing subcontractor organisations who are delivering part of the ILS scope
- Directing the ILS effort in the areas of analysis, whole of life planning, regulatory compliance, training development & conduct and obsolescence management
- Designing support systems to meet contractual requirements and ongoing sustainment of equipment systems
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics Engineering, Support System Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in Defence industry and its logistics practices and standards
- Experience of developing compliant support solutions in a stringent regulatory environment
- Detailed knowledge of ILS analysis methods and current tools
- Sound understanding of systems and safety engineering, configuration management and the inter-relation of various ILS elements
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to lead and manage a team of ILS practitioners
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 1 December 2019. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.