After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of Saab’s role in the Warship Asset Management Alliance (WAMA), the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Manager will lead the ILS team to realise solutions that maintain the technical integrity and supportability of the ANZAC Class Frigates.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking planning and resourcing to ensure that the WAMA ILS Team can deliver the required support for engineering change and sustainment products
- Facilitating the transition of ILS deliverables into service for Alliance and external projects
- Providing advice to the Authorised Materiel Seaworthiness Delivery Organisation on the supportability of products introduced to service
- Liaising with ANZAC Class operational and technical / logistics support agencies as necessary to achieve effective ILS outcomes for the Class
- Validating provision of training support services as part of ILS artefact deliverables
- Ensuring compliance with all Integrated Materiel Support related corporate governance, assurance and audit requirements including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Driving a business improvement culture with regards to people, process and systems to continually focus on opportunities for greater efficiencies within the Alliance and its performance
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics Engineering, Support Systems Engineering, Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Significant, demonstrable experience in Logistic Engineering, ILS and / or major Asset Management at a senior level and preferably in a maritime environment
- Demonstrable experience in logistics support analysis and reliability/maintainability analysis tools
- Experience in the application of relevant military and commercial logistics standards
- Sound understanding of the development and the inter-relation between the various ILS elements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a commitment to strong teamwork
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 5 January 2020. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.