What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units:
- Saab Sensor Systems (S3) is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within S3 is the U.S. division supporting the global Saab Surface Based Sensors business unit. S3 is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and U.S. Government agencies.
- Training and Simulation in Orlando, FL is the U.S. division operating in support of the global Saab Training and Simulation Business unit based in Husqvarna, Sweden. Training and Simulation provides world class land based Live, laser based Training and Simulation and Targetry products to the U.S. ARMY, Industry Primes, and Special Operations customers.
- Saab Barracuda USA LLC in Lillington, NC is the U.S. office operating in support of the global Saab Barracuda Signature Management Business unit based in Gamelby, Sweden. Barracuda is the world’s leading provider of world class textile based signature management products and capabilities for camouflage, solar shade, and energy management applications.
- Support and Services in Ashburn, VA is primarily the U.S. business unit supporting the global business unit responsible for support and maintenance of Saab’s commercial (340 and 2000) airplane fleet. Support and Services provides full lifecycle support and maintenance to the North and South American Saab 340 and 2000 customers. In addition Support and Services provides depot and logistics support for the rest of SDAS operations.
Because SDAS’s ultimate parent company, Saab AB, is not a U.S. entity, SDAS operates under a Special Security Agreement (“SSA”) with the U.S. Department of Defense. The SSA enables SDAS to participate in many classified programs and contracts by providing the company with a US Government approved legal and administrative framework within which Foreign Ownership Control and Influence (FOCI) risks are effectively mitigated.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking an IT Operations Manager to report to the CIO and manage the IT Support and Information Systems teams. This position collaborates with all Saab U.S. business units to ensure timely delivery of IT services based on demand within cost and schedule targets. The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in virtual desktop infrastructure, and have demonstrated the ability to proactively identify, recommend and implement opportunities to leverage technology and enhance process efficiencies that will best support departmental and business goals.
Responsibilities will include:
Lead and develop assigned teams meeting technical, project and business objectives.
- Provide technical oversight, guidance, mentorship and coaching to assigned personnel in the performance of their assigned tasks.
- Program resource planning
- Develop on-going staffing capacity and long-term staffing plans
- Recruit staff as necessary to meet business demand
- Assign appropriate personnel to projects and system operations
- Ensure all personnel have established relevant goals and objectives that link directly to the objectives of the business.
- Manage the annual performance review process, compensation reviews, and career development process.
Provide technical insight and leadership within IT production.
- Responsible for technology roadmap planning.
- Develop innovative technical solutions, assess technical risk and identify risk mitigation strategies.
- Identify, assess and cultivate relationships with potential customers and suppliers, internal to the organization as well as in the global operations of the company and external partners and vendors.
- Responsible for budgeting including OH, capital requests, and software/tool subscriptions.
Accountable for creation and maintenance of accurate systems operational and cost targets, and execution of technical effort in accordance with those targets.
- Responsible for cost estimating activities related to dimensioning of the IT infrastructure and performance requirements, and assigned overhead budgets.
- Ensure the operated systems are accurate, appropriate, documented and consistent with overall business requirements.
- Establish individual team member’s cost and schedule targets.
Be a champion for the quality and continuous improvement of technical processes.
- Ensure updates to processes, forms, templates, work instructions and job aids are completed.
- Establish processes and benchmarks for measuring team and process performance.
- Ensure team is accountable for adherence to established processes and continuous improvement objectives.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in an IT role
- Network+ MCSE Certification or equivalent
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), specifically Citrix XenApp/ XenDesktop
- Subject matter expertise in the operation, deployment and continued improvement of the virtual desktop infrastructure. From load balancing storefronts through virtualization layers to delivery of high powered 3D rendering clients as well as virtualized application structures.
- Ability to provide strategic direction for key ICT systems, projects, and programs.
- Ability to maximize the uptime, availability and performance of server infrastructure
- Influence and guide across functional disciplines in support of ICT programs and functional goals/objectives
- Broad company-wide influencing skills to improve the efficiency of all systems and solutions
- Leadership and direction of the ICT project management across the entire platform, including development and execution of complex program plans
- Ability to perform risk and opportunity management and drive adequate risk mitigation opportunity capture steps
- Expert knowledge that extends across teams, and is used to troubleshoot issues and challenges
- Possess the skills to direct and influence internal teams for project/program/department success
- Advanced knowledge of change management, assessment of impacts, and management of change implementation
- Solid organizational, verbal and writing communication skills
- Project and financial management skills, including budget planning
- Effective communication and interface with senior management, and the ability to influence organizational change
- Influence over systems development and program execution consideration based on in-depth understanding of customer needs
- Management of ICT subcontractor activities
- Ability to recommend and identify tools and techniques to resolve customer issues/requests to team members
- Develop, monitor and actively maintain all department polices & procedures
- Management of new application servers
- Identification and implementation of disaster recovery methods and infrastructure
- Effective leadership skills, provide professional development opportunities, and lead team performance and improvement activities
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.