What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA, LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual as a Commodity Buyer to fulfill needs for material and services in an exciting and rapidly growing company.
- Supplier selection & Engineering support
- Placing and maintaining compliant Purchase Orders
- Ensuring that Legal, Financial, and Governments are met
- Creating reports, expediting Purchase Orders, and reporting to internal customers
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in a business-related discipline with 10+ years of experience OR MA/MS degree in a business related discipline with 8+ years of experience
- Desirable education and experience areas include Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement, Quality, Manufacturing, Defense Industry, Program/Project Management, Reporting/Metrics, and Leadership.
- Proficiency in computer use, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA, LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 April 2018 • 13:16