What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is looking for a Lead Financial Analyst to join the Business Finance organization. This position will report directly to the Finance Manager and provide financial support for DoD and other various contracts. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Be the primary financial analyst for contracts interfacing with program teams to track and forecast financial performance.
- Track revenue recognition, cash flow, program expenditures and Estimates at Completion providing timely variance analysis.
- Track program receivables and identify opportunities to improve cash flow.
- Assist the Manufacturing organization in tracking material costs from Purchase Order release, to inventory, to project expense to ensure program material estimates are accurate.
- Support the development and maintenance of the program budget baseline including work authorization and baseline change requests.
- Implement and execute Earned Value Management (EVM), Analysis and Reporting.
- Assist in cost and schedule variance analysis and other project controls functions.
- Prepare and present external and internal financial reporting.
- Work with Program Managers and Finance Manager to ensure program forecasts are accurately reflected in business P&L and cash flow forecasts for the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and long range planning.
- Provide proposal costing and pricing support, cash flow analysis and review of RFP clauses for compliance.
- Analyze financial data (budgets, income statements, forecast).
- Assist the Contracts and Subcontracts organization in complying with applicable FAR, DFARS and CAS regulations for all proposal submissions and negotiations.
- Ensure contract compliance with applicable FAR, DFARS and CAS regulations.
- External Audit interface for programs selected for review.
- Interface with Accounting to ensure program financials are properly stated on income statement and balance sheet.
- Participate in preparation and implementation of the organization’s annual, rolling budgets, and ongoing actual vs budget performance reports with focus on Sales, COGS, and Margins.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Financial analysis experience in the U.S. DoD contracting industry.
- U.S. Government Contracting experience including familiarity with FAR, DFARS and CAS rules and regulations.
- Experience in costing and pricing compliant U.S. DoD proposals.
- Financial Planning and Analysis experience.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel: pivot tables, formulas, graphing. etc.
- Ability to interface and work with various cross functional teams and work effectively with various levels of the organization
- Familiarity with U.S. GAAP, IFRS and other general accounting rules and principles
- Familiarity of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and financial reporting software
- Strong analytical and communication skills, and ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to proactively identify and implement process and tool improvements
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management (EVM) systems and reporting
- Working knowledge of various financial functions (i.e. contracts, estimates, planning, FP&A, etc.)
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with Oracle E-business Suite, Cobra and other financial management software
- Familiarity with Hyperion/HFM
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 14 November 2019 • 20:31