What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is looking for a Lead Financial Analyst to join the Business Finance organization. This position will report directly to the Finance Manager and provide financial support for DoD and other various contracts. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Primary financial analyst for contracts interfacing with program teams to track and forecast financial performance
- Track revenue recognition, cash flow, program expenditures and Estimates at Completion providing timely variance analysis
- Track program receivables and identify opportunities to improve cash flow
- Assist the Manufacturing organization in tracking material costs from Purchase Order release, to inventory, to project expense to ensure program material estimates are accurate
- Supports the development and maintenance of the program budget baseline including work authorization and baseline change requests
- Implement and execute Earned Value Management, Analysis and Reporting. Assists in cost and schedule variance analysis and other project controls functions
- Prepare and present external and internal financial reporting
- Work with Program Managers and Finance Manager to ensure program forecasts are accurately reflected in business P&L and cash flow forecasts for the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and long range planning.
- Provide proposal costing and pricing support, cash flow analysis and review of RFP clauses for compliance
- Assist the Contracts and Subcontracts organization in complying with applicable FAR, DFARS and CAS regulations for all proposal submissions and negotiations
- Ensure contract compliance with applicable FAR, DFARS and CAS regulations
- External Audit interface for programs selected for review
- Interface with Accounting to ensure program financials are properly stated on income statement and balance sheet
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Financial analysis experience in the U.S. DoD contracting industry.
- U.S. Government Contracting experience including familiarity with FAR, DFARS and CAS rules and regulations.
- Experience in costing and pricing compliant U.S. DoD proposals.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel including but not limited to pivot tables, formulas and graphing
- Ability to interface and work with various cross functional teams and work effectively with various levels of the organization
- Familiarity with US GAAP, IFRS and other general accounting rules and principles
- Familiarity of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and financial reporting software
- Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to proactively identify and implement process and tool improvements
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management (EVM) systems and reporting
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with Oracle E-business Suite, Cobra and other financial management software helpful but not required.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 22 February 2019 • 22:01