What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. SDAS provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual to fill a Lead IT Support Professional position. In this role you will be expected to use professional concepts, apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues in creative and effective ways, and assist the IT Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the IT Support team.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead multiple projects through planning, design/ development activities, and execution.
- Interact with customers (internal and external) with a friendly and professional attitude, and work with them to improve department success.
- Manage the configuration and deployment and ongoing maintenance of endpoint computing devices on an enterprise scale.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities to leverage technology and enhance process efficiencies that will best support business goals.
- Identify and suggest new technologies to support the achievement of business and department needs/objectives.
- Develop, maintain and monitor ICT policies and procedures.
- Provide mentorship to the IT Support Professional team.
- Lead team performance and improvement activities.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in an IT, computer science or related discipline. Master's degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in IT, experience leading a team is a plus.
- Relevant IT certification (MS MCSE, Citrix Certified Professional, etc.) preferred.
- Working knowledge of ITIL service management - programs, procedures and processes.
- Expert technical knowledge that extends across disciplines to troubleshoot complex technical issues with a team utilizing SMEs.
- Technical knowledge of ICT products/systems/applications.
- Excellent communication and presentation experience.
- Excellent organization skills and time management.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 11 May 2020 • 17:31