What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking an experienced Lead Logistics Engineer to join the ILS team. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create, evaluate, and document logistics support requirements and reports for DoD customers using Saab radar products.
- Lead teams in performing reliability, maintainability, and supportability analyses and trade studies, with focus on reducing product life cycle costs.
- Lead and manage logistics product support from initial requirements to long-term product support.
- Sourcing logistics data from multiple sources and assembling into single products.
- Obtain and integrate product reliability data from vendor and government data sources.
- Lead effort to produce product support data for DoD provisioning use through the life of the fielded Saab product.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or related discipline with emphasis on logistics or product support; OR 12+ years of relevant military or aerospace experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence ILS and coworkers and drive programs/projects to success
- Experience creating/interpreting common logistics products, including logistics and provisioning databases, RMA predictions, LORA, FMECA and RBDs, PPL, etc
- Experience in military logistics or USG life cycle planning/procurement/sustainment
- Experience using or familiarity with GEIA-STD-0007 and US Government Data Item Descriptions
- Experience using logistics database, such as EAGLE, SLICwave, or similar is highly desired
- Teamwork skills to coordinate needs within an open, multi-tasking environment in an engineering development setting
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with customers and subcontractors to meet requirements and coordinate opportunities
- Capable of obtaining a USG security clearance
- Exacting attention to details in analyzing and loading complex data fields
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 28 February 2019 • 22:16